As one of the co-organizers, we are happy to announce the highly anticipated return of the China Goes Global™ Conference to be held in-person Italy hosted in Bologna (Italy), by CiMET (Italy’s National University Center for Applied Economic Studies).
Keynote speakers include:
- prof. Vinod Aggarwal, The University of California at Berkeley
- prof. Peter Buckley, Leeds University, United Kingdom
2 days of conference in Bologna will be followed by half day guided tour at the world famous Ferrari Museum in Maranello (Modena)
As the premier conference on the topic, we seek contemporary contributions from various business/management disciplines, to broader social sciences and other multidisciplinary perspectives of the globalization of China.
Papers, book presentations, and panel proposals are especially encouraged in the following areas:
- Theoretical explorations of Chinese flows of people, goods, ideas and money
- Testing the limits of Western-centric theories in the context of China’s globalization
- Industrial policies and structural change in China
- Business models with “Chinese characteristics”
- Development of new Chinese-centric and indigenous theories
- The role of emerging market multinationals
- Managing and organizing Chinese companies/subsidiaries abroad
- Comparison of China with other emerging markets
- Chinese engagement in India, Asia, America, Australia, Latin America, and other regions
- Local and global impacts of Chinese foreign direct investment
- The role of government in shaping the “going out” policy and its impact on internationalization
- Chinese state capitalism and alternative economic systems’ impact on globalization
- Sustainable development and corporate social responsibility (CSR) of Chinese multinationals
- Global supply chain/logistics and global value chains with China
- Culture, trust, reputation of Chinese multinationals
- Techno-entrepreneurship, e-commerce, online development in and out of China
- Big data, privacy and digital innovation in China
- Environmental protection and law in China
- Europe and China legal and economic cooperation
- New challenges in technology, innovation and hard sciences in China
- China’s competitors: industry, innovation, and technology in Europe/US/Emerging Countries
Against the backdrop of the severe testing of the global institutional framework caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the lingering Covid-19 challenges, China’s role in globalization is undergoing fundamental changes. We invite interested scholars and practitioners to come together and explore these changes.
Since 2006, China Goes Global conferences have convened a unique set of contributions on the globalization of the Chinese business environment, economy, and society. The conference stands out in several ways. First, the conference is international, inter-disciplinary and developmental in nature. We invite competitive papers, recently published book authors, focused panels and work-in-progress for submission. The conference provides an ideal opportunity for scholars and practitioners, as well as Ph.D. students to share and discuss their most recent high-quality work with other experts in this research field. Best papers are also given the chance to be published in the International Journal of Emerging Markets, a Scopus-ranked journal by Emerald. Second, we have fun. In addition to insightful ideas, the conference also includes a reception, a performance, and great people and scholars with whom you can network. For the review of previous conferences, including a photo gallery, please see: http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/past-conferences/photos-from-past-conferences/. Finally, the conference is always accented with world re-known keynoters from the academic and business sectors. For a list of previous keynoters, please see: http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/past-conferences/previous-key-noters/
Please submit your paper through our online submission system no later than March 31, 2023. Papers should follow the author style and referencing guide provided on the conference website. By submitting a paper, all authors also agree to review up to 3 papers.
The online submission system: https://www.conftool.org/chinagoesglobal2023/
[Please see www.chinagoesglobal.org for the latest updates on the submission process.]
Deadline for submission: March 31, 2023
Paper acceptance/rejection: April 30, 2023
Revised paper submission: May 30, 2023
Please note that all presenters and participants must register to attend the conference.
Early bird registration due on May 10, 2023: $499
Regular registration due on June 10, 2023: $649
Phd student rate: $249 early bird ($299 regular)
The registration fee includes one-year CGA membership, reception, gala dinner in historical location in the city center and a guided tour in Maranello at Ferrari Museum.
Conference registration does not include accommodation or travel costs.
Scientific Organizing Committee
Ilan ALON, University of Ariel, Israel
Julian CHANG, USA
Christoph LATTEMANN, Jacobs University Bremen, Center for Design Thinking-D-Forge, Germany
John R. McINTYRE, Scheller College of Business, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Francesca SPIGARELLI, University of Macerata, Italy
William WANG Hua, emlyon business school, France
Wenxian ZHANG, Rollins College, USA
Marco Di Tommaso, University of Bologna, CiMET, Italy
China Goes Global – SPONSORSHIP Opportunities
We encourage sponsorships from colleges, universities, and corporations to provide financial support for the annual meeting. By sponsoring, you gain recognition and visibility for your organization. Learn more about our sponsorship tiers at http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/conference/conference-sponsors/.
A warm thank-you to emlyon business school, France, for being a silver sponsor for CGG 2023!
*The Chinese Globalization Association (CGA is a not-for-profit corporation with the aim to promote and disseminate research on Chinese globalization.) For more information, visit: http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/
*Please note that the inclusion of sponsor logos does not constitute an endorsement.
emlyon Global DBA Introduction
- Develop critical thinking
- Explore east and west management frontiers
- Contribute the Asian business wisdom to the globe
- Craft scholarly industry leader
Make your impact! Master the wisdom to become scholarly business leaders.
This program has been specifically designed in response to a growing need of business leaders to challenge current business practice and devise new methods for progression in times of technological and geopolitical change, and increasing uncertainty.
By combining academically rigorous education with business practice, the program will enable participants to update their business knowledge and enhance their analytical and critical thinking capabilities through modules delivered across the globe.
The emlyon Global DBA also requires participants to produce a doctoral dissertation – an original piece of research focusing on solving core issues within their own industry or organization. With their career experience and their new academic learning, this dissertation will create real business impact and value.
- Duration: 4 years
- Format: Part-time
- Overseas Module: Main campus in France and/or other overseas academic partners’ campuses
- Language: Chinese and English
- 2023 Intake Application Fee: RMB 2,500
- 2023 Intake Tuition Fee: €118,000 (divided in two installments)
- One small selective intake of early makers
Thinking by oneself is lonely. In contrast, sharing your wisdom with other smart peers will stimulate the minds and inspire the desires to explore the true knowledge.
- Two types of world-renowned faculty from the East and West
The world class research scholars from the East and West will guide our participants throughout the academic journey, not only bringing along rigorous research standards and methodology but also delivering profound cultural influence.
- Three continents study experiences on new global business
The research and study workshops will be organized in Europe (Paris/Lyon), Asia and Africa (Casablanca).
Face-to-face exchanges with leading academic scholars and business leaders to explore a diverse global perspective and obtain new insights.
- Four years study to obtain DBA degree
Your devotion determines your success.
A Global Doctorate in Business Administration degree will be granted for the successful completion of the second phase;
An Executive Master in Management Research will be granted for the successful completion of the first phase of the study, if the student does not proceed to the second phase of study;
- Diverse ways to craft industry leaders with scholarly excellence
We will also provide opportunities for students to participate in academic forums, industry summits, CBL corporate leader certification programs, among others.
Empowering participants and enhancing their leadership and charisma, we aim to encourage them to disseminate the knowledge to the public, and step onto the rostrum of prestigious international business school.